OUR TEAM OF ATTORNEYS
Attorney Robert G. Berke has been licensed to practice law in the State of California since 1990 and is a member in good standing of the State Bar of California. He is also admitted to practice in federal District Courts throughout California and in the 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th and 11th Circuits of the U.S. Court of Appeals. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Attorney Edith Nazarian has been associated with Berke Law Offices since 2014 and is licensed to practice law in the State of California. She graduated from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and is a member in good standing of the State Bar of California as well as the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. Ms. Nazarian's article, Crossing Over: Assessing Operation Streamline and the Rights of Immigrant Criminal Defendants at the Border, has been published in the Loyola Law Review and cited in numerous books and other sources. Ms. Nazarian has also presented and participated in various law symposia.
Attorney Carlo Brooks is licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota. He is a graduate of Southwestern University School of Law exclusive SCALE program where he completed externships at the United States District Court, Central District Of California, Los Angeles Superior Court, Complex Civil Litigation, and the High Technology Crime Division of the Los Angeles District Attorney. Mr. Brooks was a Southwestern Law School Writing Fellow and a published member of the Southwestern Journal of International Law. Prior to entering the legal field, Mr. Brooks completed a PhD in American literature and ontology and spent several years teaching in France.
Our guiding mission is to make the use of legal services as pleasant as possible. We therefore offer a family friendly office in a convenient location, easy payment terms, video conferencing, numerous payment options, and public information. Our staff has an average tenure of 12 years. We can accommodate speakers of almost every language, and we pride ourselves in our excellent and uncompromising quality control standards and professionalism.
Robert G. Berke:
- Member in good standing of the State Bar of California since 1990, CA Bar No. 148957;
- Martindale Hubbel, International Standard Lawyer Number (ISLN): 901531436;
- Juris Doctor (JD) from Southwestern University College of Law, 1990;
- Adjunct law professor at Glendale University College of law, 1993 to 1998;
- Publisher and Executive Editor of the Criminal Immigration Resource Pages, 1997-present;
- Published decisions in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit for both criminal and immigration cases;
- Published decisions from the Board of Immigration Appeals for immigration, and attorney discipline cases;
- Member in good standing of the American Immigration Lawyer's Association;
- Frequent contributor on immigration issues;
- Court approved to testify as an expert on issues relating to immigration and crimes;
- Admitted to practice before the United States Courts of Appeal for the 9th and 5th Circuits; the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California, and all of the Courts of the State of California.
- In business since 1990;
- Multi-lingual staff (Spanish/Armenian/French/Hindi/ASL/English);
- Hebrew, Farsi, Tagalog, and other languages by arrangement;
- Highly trained and skilled staff with average tenure of 12 years;
- High quality control standards;
- Excellent communication with clients;
- Convenient location in the San Fernando Valley;
- Family friendly.