Robert G. Berke has practiced in the area of criminal law since 1990. He is experienced in criminal litigation in both the state and federal courts and in both state and federal appeals. Mr. Berke's trial record includes acquittals and hung juries in cases ranging from major drug trafficking offenses to domestic violence and from prostitution to DUI.
A great majority of Mr. Berke's clients in the criminal courts have immigration issues intertwined with their criminal issues. Because Mr. Berke practices in both areas of law, he is frequently able to prevent immigration consequences of crimes before they become major problems. He has also had significant success in vacating and modifying criminal sentences.
He has also represented juveniles in dependency (delinquency) cases.
Mr. Berke's extensive experience and knowledge with immigration law and the immigration consequences of crimes uniquely suits him to the representation of aliens before the criminal courts.
- Judgment/Probation Modification;
- Warrant Surrenders;
- Statutory and Common Law Motions to Vacate;
- Habeas Corpus
- Corum Nobis
- New Trial;
- Collateral Attacks;
- We do jury trials and have a track record of acquittals in drug trafficking, domestic violence, prostitution, and battery.
- We are uniquely qualified and highly experienced in crafting immigration-safe dispositions.
- We have attorneys who have previously worked for both the D.A.s office and for the Courts.
- We have practiced in both federal and state courts.